Wednesday 9 March 2011

EastEnders: Jessie Returned For Baby Swap Plot

Jessie Wallace has said she returned to EastEnders because she thought the baby swap storyline was so good.
The controversial soap plot - which saw a grieving Ronnie Mitchell (Samantha Womack) swap her baby son who had died of cot death with the baby of Jessie's character Kat Moon - attracted so much criticism from viewers that writers changed it to finish sooner, but Jessie stood by the story.
She said at the Television and Radio Industries Club Awards: "It is a good storyline and as an actor that's what you love doing. When they asked me to go back I said yes straightaway.
"I knew the storylines would be good and it's paying off because people are loving it. There are also a lot of people who aren't loving it but it's a great storyline and that is what it's all about - the reaction."
Jessie - who has previously revealed that fans call her Kat in the street - said she's pleased by the strong reaction the story has provoked, but doesn't focus on it as she's careful not to take her work home with her.
The 39-year-old actress and mother said: "It's all positive stuff but I detach myself from that. I, Jessie Wallace, detach myself from Kat Slater when I leave that building so when people say stuff I just take it on as complimentary of my acting."
Source: Press Association

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us

Recent

Random